Residents have voiced their objections to plans for a new supermarket on the edge of an old market town.
Terrace Hill has earmarked a 5.3 acre site, known as Mill Riggs, for the 1,394sqm store.The plans would include parking, a petrol station, a new roundabout junction on the A172 and new access road and footpaths.
Residents are concerned about the impact it would have on local shops.
A campaign group Save Our Stokesely has been set up and so far it has achieved:
1. A petition with 3000 signatures
2. A Facebook page with over 800 likes and frequent updates and posts
3. A letter to William Hague, local MP
4. An impact report, using data from over 80% return from more than 100 local
5. Attendance and other engagement with Parish Council, and letters to all
District Councillors on the local planning committee
6. Presence at local Farmers markets
7. Generation and distribution of posters and leaflets to promote
understanding and raise profile
8. Engaged with local press